Seven Days of Self-Care- Countdown to Christmas
Here at Pura, we are firm believers in taking time for yourself - going slow and embracing the simple pleasures of life. The pure aroma of an essential oil. The crunch of snow beneath your boots. The warmth of a hug. The sound of a deep-belly laugh. The reprieve of immersing yourself in a steamy bubble bath. Taking note of the little things, and caring for your body is most important during the busy holiday season when we feel inclined to swap our self-care rituals for the lengthy to-do list.
A simple way to promote self-care during this time of year is to create a Seven Days of Self-Care Countdown to Christmas Advent Calendar. This is more than a countdown to Christmas, it is a seven day reminder to be kind to yourself and to indulge in important moments of self-care with non-toxic skincare and handcrafted body potions.
What You'll Need:
- One Pura Sampler Collection OR anything mini that encourages self-care. We also love the idea of self-written affirmations and positive reminders to open each day.
- Bunch of sticks (or one large stick)
- Seven small bags
- Seven to ten name tags
- Number stickers (or a pen to write numbers)
- Some greenery (we picked up ours off the floor of Micheals Crafts- LOL)
- Decorative garland (pompoms, stars, pinecones, etc.)
- A hole puncher
- A ruler
- Tape and stapler (just in case)
- Two to four thumb tacks
The Skincare Sampler Collection is an introduction to the full Pura skincare ritual. It includes seven essential and best-selling potions from Pura's all-natural, non-toxic skincare line: Countess Cleansing Nectar, Princess Clementine, Botanical Bloom Essence, Radiant Face Drops, Neroli Eye Ritual, Overnight Watermelon Mask, and Turmeric Night Cocoon.
The Body Care Sampler Collection is the perfect way to sample Pura's eco-luxe body care potions to discover your favourites. It includes a selection of Pura's most luxurious potions with a range of uses from natural haircare to botanical body mists: Petal Fudge, The Alchemist Deodorant (NEW), Seashell Mane Mist, Cocoa & Rose Body Oil, Evening Primrose Therapy Oil, Hawaiian Desire Mist, and Muscle Melt.
Instructions (AN EASY DIY):
- Choose one of the Pura Sampler Collections.
- Tie a piece of string around each side of your stick bundle. This will be the base from which you will hang the Pura self-care gifts.
- Cut seven pieces of string approximately 20 inches long and set aside. You will use this string at a later time to hang the Pura self-care gifts.
- Write the numbers one to seven on the name tags or attached the number stickers to the name tags.
- Use the hole puncher to punch a hole in each of your seven small bags.
- Open your chosen Pura Sampler Collection and place one sample in each of the seven bags. Tape closed if needed.
- Use the string to attached the numbered name tags to the small bag. Leave enough string to tie the Pura self-care gift to the stick base.
- Tie the seven Pura self-care gifts to the stick base and trim any excess string.
- Attach the stick with the hanging Pura self-care gifts to a wall. Weave the long piece of string threw the sticks and attached with thumb tacks.
- Hang your decorative garland around your advent calendar to add a whimsical feel.
- TIP: If the hanging self-care gifts are twirling around, exposing the backside, number the extra name tags and tape them onto the backside as well. You can also staple pieces of greenery to the backside of some of the self-care gifts.
Enjoy each day of self-care! This is also a wonderful DIY to do with your littles, or even to share with a loved one. For us at Pura, our favourite memories always come from the traditions we create and honour each year!
We'd love to see pictures of your DIY Self-Care Advent Calendars. Tag us on Instagram @purabotanicals, so we can repost your merry little masterpieces.
What self-care activities are you practising this holiday season?
Happy holidays from the entire family at PURA.
Photos by Emily Schutz Photography Styling by With Justine at Pura Botanicals.